The National Nurturing Schools Programme is a programme that allows staff to develop and embed a nurturing culture throughout their schools, enhancing teaching and learning, promoting healthy outcomes for children and young people, all by focusing on emotional needs and development as well as academic learning in a whole-school environment.
The role of the Nurture Assistant / Project Lead involves the development of programmes of support that are delivered over a period of time (usually between 6 weeks & 1 term) which are aimed at reducing the difficulties experienced by pupils
Mrs Sarah Leddy Miss Jenny Courtney
E.L.S.A Early Learning
- THE SIX PRINCIPLES OF NURTURE GROUPS.
- Children's learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- Nurture is important for the development of well being.
- Language is understood as a vital means of communication.
- We understand that all behaviour is communication.
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children
Please click the above image to visit the National Nurturing Schools website