Safeguarding at Martongate
School staff play an essential role in protecting children from abuse.
They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
- create safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensure that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- make sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teach children and young people about staying safe
- maintain an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Martongate Safeguarding Team
The school has a D.S.L - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Designated Techer for Looked After Children
Child Protection Officer
Safeguarding Support Safeguarding Governor
Mrs Smithson Mr Robinson
All school staff are responsible for Safeguarding the children and will report any concerns to the D.S.L
Further Information regarding Safeguarding in schools can be found by visiting the links below