Safeguarding at Martongate
School staff play an essential role in protecting children from abuse.
They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
- create safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensure that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- make sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teach children and young people about staying safe
- maintain an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Mrs Beth Marshall Mrs Cath Smithson Mrs Di Levitt
Designated Safeguarding Lead Deputy DSL & Pastoral Care Safeguarding Governor
Designated Teacher for Looked After Children
Child Protection Officer